Key Features of the Exchange
Who can participate
- Nation-wide, electronic Exchange for trading of power
- Exchange handles power trading and transmission clearance simultaneously
- Transparent, neutral and efficient electronic platform
- Trading happens for Day Ahead, Day Ahead Contingency, Any Day, Intra Day and Weekly Contracts.
- Trading platform available for Renewable Energy Certificates.
- More contracts to be introduced in due course.
- Exchange is a central counterparty to all trades done on the Exchange
- Electricity traders
- Inter-State Generating Stations (ISGSs)
- Distribution Licensees / Deemed Distribution Licensees
- IPPs, connected on ISTS
- CPPs & IPPs *
- Open Access Customers*
- State Generating Stations
- Eligible and Obligated Entities (Applicable in case of REC)
* With a clearance to be obtained from the concerned SLDC
** Would be admitted only as Advisory Member The following entities can become a Member of PXIL
- Individuals who are Indian Nationals
- Sole proprietorship firms
- Partnership firms
- Companies, institutions or statutory bodies incorporated under the Companies Act, 1956 or under any central or state legislation
- Registered Cooperative Societies
- Central / State electricity utilities (including franchisees thereof) / organizations engaged in various activities of the power sector including power generation, distribution, trading, Open Access Customers etc.
- Such other persons / entities as may be permitted by the Exchange.
- At present, PXIL trades the ‘Day Ahead’, Day - Ahead Contingency and ‘Weekly’ contracts and promises to create several innovative, credible and market-friendly products in the course of time that will endeavor to transform the Indian Power Markets thereby creating a paradigm shift in the power markets.
- Trading platform of Renewable Energy Certificates is ready on PXIL and applications for membership are invited.
For more information on the exchange, membership and participation kindly contact
|Mr. Chandrashekhar Bhat
Mr. Kapil Dev
|Mr. Ashish Shrivastav
||+91 9958995890 |
You can also write us at: firstname.lastname@example.org