Power Exchange India Limited (PXIL) is India’s first institutionally promoted Power exchange that provides innovative and credible solutions to transform the Indian Power Markets.
PXIL’s unique combination of local insights and global perspectives, aids its stakeholders to make better informed business & investment decisions, improves the efficiency of the power markets and helps shape policy and projects.
PXIL is promoted by two of India’s biggest exchanges
||National Stock Exchange of India Limited (NSEIL) |
||National Commodity & Derivatives Exchange Limited (NCDEX) |
Key Features of the Exchange
Who can participate
- Nation-wide, electronic Exchange for trading of power
- Exchange handles power trading and transmission clearance simultaneously
- Transparent, neutral and efficient electronic platform
- Trading happens for Day Ahead, Day Ahead Contingency, Any Day, Intra Day and Weekly Contracts.
- Trading platform available for Renewable Energy Certificates.
- More contracts to be introduced in due course.
- Exchange is a central counterparty to all trades done on the Exchange
- Electricity traders
- Inter-State Generating Stations (ISGSs)
- Distribution Licensees / Deemed Distribution Licensees
- IPPs, connected on ISTS
- CPPs & IPPs *
- Open Access Customers*
- State Generating Stations
- Eligible and Obligated Entities (Applicable in case of REC)
* With a clearance to be obtained from the concerned SLDC
** Would be admitted only as Advisory Member The following entities can become a Member of PXIL
- Individuals who are Indian Nationals
- Sole proprietorship firms
- Partnership firms
- Companies, institutions or statutory bodies incorporated under the Companies Act, 1956 or under any central or state legislation
- Registered Cooperative Societies
- Central / State electricity utilities (including franchisees thereof) / organizations engaged in various activities of the power sector including power generation, distribution, trading, Open Access Customers etc.
- Such other persons / entities as may be permitted by the Exchange.
- At present, PXIL trades the ‘Day Ahead’, Day - Ahead Contingency and ‘Weekly’ contracts and promises to create several innovative, credible and market-friendly products in the course of time that will endeavor to transform the Indian Power Markets thereby creating a paradigm shift in the power markets.
- Trading platform of Renewable Energy Certificates is ready on PXIL and applications for membership are invited.
For more information on the exchange, membership and participation kindly contact
|Mr. Ashutosh Dravid
||+91 9819766054 |
|Mr. Sohom Sarkar
||+91 9582839557 |
You can also write us at: email@example.com